Basing practice on robust evidence from well-designed research, patient concerns and preferences, and clinical expertise is the cornerstone of evidence-based practice (EBP). Our unique vision and commitment to EBP led to establishing and copyrighting the internationally acclaimed Iowa Model Revised: Evidence-Based Practice to Promote Excellence in Health Care©. The Iowa Model guides clinical decision-making and EBP process from both the clinician and systems perspectives.
Through innovative opportunities like the EBP Staff Nurse Internship, nurses learn how to incorporate EBP into their work and the work of their colleagues. The Advanced Practice Institute: Promoting Adoption of Evidence-Based Practice is another opportunity that assists nurses to build skills in the most challenging steps of the EBP process.
The American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) awarded the 2014 Magnet Prize® to the University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, recognizing the innovative use of evidence-based practice to positively impact patient care. Learn more about the award.
- Advanced Practice Institute: Promoting Adoption of Evidence-Based Practice
- National Evidence-Based Practice Conference
Resources for Purchase
- Csomay Center Evidence-Based Practice Guidelines
- EBP to Go®: Accelerating Evidence-Based Practice
- New Book: Evidence-Based Practice in Action
- Evidence-Based Practice Building Blocks: Comprehensive Strategies, Tools and Tips© (Implementation Guidebook)
- Evidence-Based Practice Staff Nurse Internship
- Introductory Evidence-Based Practice Online CEU Course
- WellMe in 3© DVD
- Dissemination of Nursing Knowledge: Tips and Resources
- Evidence-Based Nursing Practice Self-Efficacy Scale©
- Implementation Strategies for Evidence-Based Practice
- The Iowa Model Revised: Evidence-Based Practice to Promote Excellence in Health Care©
- Nursing Evidence-Based Practice Survey©
- Resource Brochure